Connection. Love. Compassion. Grace.
As we continue to progress through the last few moments of 2020, giving back is starting to pull at our heartstrings. Some of us won’t be spending it with family due to COVID-19, and others are financially strapped and unable to travel. And more complicated yet, some of us are in situations that leave us asking for additional help. At River City Staffing, we believe in giving back to our Sacramento community.
Here are five reasons why River City Staffing is giving back is partnering with Women’s Empowerment in Sacramento:
- To Show Love and Support of Our Community: 2020 has been a challenging year, and there are many suffering. At River City Staffing, we give back to show love and support for our beautiful community.
- To Reflect Inner Values: While outwardly, we give to our clients and candidates, also giving to charity allows us to further showcase our companywide values. Our values of care, hope, support, and happiness can now go beyond business.
- To Give Something Back: At River City Staffing, kindness to all is vital to us. Giving back allows us to provide something tangible such as time or resources that support our community and give kindness to all.
- To Boost Motivation: In 2020, motivation can be difficult to maintain. At River City Staffing, we give back to boost motivation and morale internally and in our community. It feels good to provide something that brings a smile to someone’s face!
- To Provide Human Connection: Connection is essential. In a year where connecting is infinitely harder due to physically distancing, giving back is one way to connect with our community and values.
We are partnering with Women’s Empowerment in Sacramento to support and bring joy to formerly homeless women and their children this year by participating in the annual holiday drive. Sacramento women work tirelessly to provide food, shelter, and other basic needs for themselves and their children. Purchasing holiday gifts may not always be an option. This is where you and I come in!
They have a goal to collect 310 gift packs by Tuesday, December 8th and we are participating and helping get the word out.
We need unstuffed gift bags and the items below:
- Infant or Toddler empty gift bag; $20 Target/Walmart or similar store gift card; sippy cup; small toy
- Young Child (age 3-7)empty gift bag; $20 Target/Walmart or similar store gift card; holiday candy; reusable water bottle; coloring book/notebook + colored pencils/crayons
- Child (age 8-12) empty gift bag; $20 Target/Walmart or similar store gift card; holiday candy; reusable water bottle; notebook/sketchbook + colored markers/pens
- Teen (age 13-18)empty gift bag; $20 Target/Walmart or similar store gift card; holiday candy; reusable water bottle; journal/sketchbook + pen; $10 gift card from: Starbucks/McDonalds/Jamba Juice or other fast-food restaurant
- Woman (adult)empty gift bag; $20 Target/Walmart or similar store gift card; holiday candy; reusable water bottle; chapstick/lip balm; journal + pen.
- General Holiday Project Suppliesgift bags; wrapping paper; tissue paper; bows/ribbon; scissors (all sizes); glue sticks; liquid glue; handheld individual scotch tape; gallon size zip lock bags; black sharpies.
Click here to also get involved and for more information: https://womens-empowerment.org/2020/10/26/help-with-womens-empowerments-holiday-efforts/